[DCRM-L] OCLC Connexion / WorldCat indexing of MARC 510 field

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:49:07 MDT 2020

Definitely useful! Our patrons and staff are accustomed to keyword
searching our OPAC's "Bibliographic Citation" field for rare books and for
prints: rare books with many editions and issues (e.g. bibles) have almost
identical author/title/date, but are distinguished by Wing or STC number;
prints with supplied titles (e.g. Wenceslaus Hollar's etchings) are
distinguished by Pennington or New Hollstein number.

If statistical back-up is needed, I could put in a request for
number-of-hits and number-of-reference-responses related to the Folgerpedia
page "Bibliographic Citation field
<https://folgerpedia.folger.edu/Bibliographic_Citation_field>" (which I now
see could do with additional editing... must.... resist.....)

Erin.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |
201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>