[DCRM-L] Folded tables

Robert Steele rosteele at law.gwu.edu
Mon Dec 6 05:33:15 MST 2021

Thanks, Deborah. That's what I have always done in the past, and it
certainly simplifies cataloging. I guess I was overthinking.

Somehow, I have trouble thinking of gatherings printed on each side of each
leaf in the normal way as "plates" except by definition, and I wonder if
users of our records think of them as "plates." Cf. ABC of Book
Collecting: "Properly,
plates are whole-sheet illustrations, printed separatelyfrom the text ..."
On the other hand, I can't think of any other convenient way to treat
them.

(Bowers p. 242 ff "Folds inside the gathering" was what I was trying to
follow, then I ran up against the problem that the inserted folds were in a
different format from the rest of the text...)

Bob