[DCRM-L] Using MARC $8 in Bib records to group fields with their associated embedded holding information?

Erin Blake erin.blake.folger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:04:01 MDT 2022

We're working with TIND ILS developers to create an OPAC display that could
group copy-specific access points and notes with that particular copy's
embedded holding information. Pushing the envelope on MARC $8 - Field Link
and Sequence Number <https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdcntf.html>
looks like a good place to start. Rest assured that we WILL NOT put any of
this local information into OCLC, and we WILL document everything
carefully.

Does anyone know of any similar attempts to make use of $8 this way?

Thanks,

Erin

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |
201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  eblake at folger.edu  |
www.folger.edu
<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>