[DCRM-L] Area 6 comments

Jim Kuhn JKuhn at FOLGER.edu
Fri Sep 8 14:35:55 MDT 2006

Some of these comments go a bit beyond the proofing request. Ignore if desired.

 -  Jim.

p. 111:
 - 6A1. Add boldface: "6A1. Prescribed punctuation"

p. 113:
 - 6A2.6.  Add under example, to parallel treatment of 6G2 example : "(Editorial comment: Providing the Mosher information is optional)" ?
 - 6B1. Might 6B1 be taken as contradicting 6A2? If so, perhaps change to: "...according to the general rules 0B, 0E‐0G". If not, ignore this comment.
 - 6C1. Delete sentence "Precede each parallel series title by an equals sign." This is redundant of 6A, and no equivalent appears in the 1C1 rule for parallelism.

p. 114:
 - 6E1. Move final sentence above example, to parallel treatment in 6G1.1: "However, if the statement of responsibility is grammatically inseparable from the series title, see 6B2."
 -  Also, add a sentence to 6E1 to echo 4B6.4 to the effect: "Do not also transpose and transcribe a statement of responsibility if it must be recorded as a grammatically inseparable part of the series title." ?

p. 115:
- 6G1.1. To echo 4B6.4, add "Do not also transpose and transcribe series numbering if it must be recorded as a grammatically inseparable part of the series title." ?
- 6G3.1. Remove boldface: "If there are parallel series titles (see 6C) and the series numbering also appears in more than one language or script, transcribe each number after the series title to which it relates (following any other title information or any statement of responsibility associated with the title)."

Finally, a question: I wonder if App. F should include some mention of series tracing? Not my section but I'd be happy to try to draft something to pull Area 6 into App. F if it seems appropriate at this late date.