[DCRM-L] relator terms as part of a name/title heading

Robert Maxwell robert_maxwell at byu.edu
Wed Nov 7 09:19:08 MST 2007

I would hope that if our systems ever managed to collocate works by work headings, i.e. by combining the 1XX field with 240, or 245 subfield a if 240 were absent, it would be possible to instruct the system to ignore $e in the 1XX field for purposes of this procedure.

Actually, our system does collocate 1XX + 240, though we haven't been able to get it to go the second step and collocate 1XX + 245 in the absence of 240. I don't know how it would behave if a record had a 100 field with $e and a 240. I don't believe we have any records like this--our archival cataloging does use $e in 1XX but I doubt any of these records also have a 240. Deborah, can you give us an example or two of what these records look like?

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian
Genre/Form Authorities Librarian
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602