[DCRM-L] Criteria for identifying books needing flat shelving

Mascaro,Michelle J mjm125 at uakron.edu
Mon Jun 8 14:00:49 MDT 2009

The University of Akron is also working on reconfiguring our Special Collections shelving space, so this is a very timely question for us as well.  The current plan is to store anything 47 cm or taller and 28 cm or greater in width flat.  We've labeled this category as Double Oversize, and unfortunately due to length issues with label printing, it looks like we are going to have to abbreviate it in our catalog as Dbl. Over.

Michelle Mascaro
Special Collections Cataloger
University of Akron
Bierce Library 176A