[DCRM-L] Adding punctuation in a 246?

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:25:59 MDT 2013

Erin,

That is what I do. If I'm inserting a comma after "or" (or its equivalent)
preceding an alternative title in the 245 field, I do the same in the 246
field. It's only the variant spelling that I worry about in the 246. I
might make an exception locally to provide punctuation variants in 246
fields if I knew my system indexed certain marks of punctuation
differently. I don't know of any system for which commas are a problem, but
I've heard that sometimes other marks are problematic.

Manon

--

Manon Théroux

Head of Technical Services