[DCRM-L] Adding local copy information to an OCLC master record

Gemberling, Ted P tgemberl at uab.edu
Thu Oct 27 13:38:07 MDT 2016

Sarah,
I agree with your attitude. I only record copy-specific things in a 500 if I think it might help some other cataloger identify the manifestation, as when, for example, they might have a copy more or less complete than mine.  But I know there are people on the list who believe it’s absolutely essential to include more copy-specific notes than that on the master record.

As for the Robert Frost poem, I would think a volume with such a poem would be part of one’s special collections. Presumably there would be a special collections librarian who would be alert to the presence of elements like that.

Just my two cents.

Ted Gemberling