[DCRM-L] Fund information, for the online catalog

Ann K.D. Myers akdmyers at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:22:33 MST 2022

Hi Francis,

We use the 979 field for fund information, which we have configured to display a digital bookplate as in this example: https://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/13382263 You can scroll down to the bottom and click "Librarian view" in the bottom right to see how the MARC field is structured. However, this does not display with the pertinent holding, so if we have multiple copies purchased with multiple funds we would also have to use a 590 field to distinguish between them. I don't believe it is indexed as a search facet, though you can do a keyword search for the name of the fund. (We use the 541 field primarily for gifts, at least in our rare book records.)

--Ann

Ann K.D. Myers

Rare Books Cataloger

Stanford Libraries

Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives

415 Broadway, Floor 1, 8406

Redwood City, CA 94063

akdmyers at stanford.edu

she/her/hers